Did you know that almost half of all Google searches have local intent behind them?
According to research, 46% of all searches on Google are made to find something in the searcher’s immediate vicinity.
Your potential customers are searching for businesses like yours right now.
Because you don’t have a solid local SEO strategy in place, you’re losing all those people to your competitors.
What Is Local SEO?
People are searching for products and services every day, and they want to find businesses located in the area where they live, work, or just drive by.
When they search on Google, Google understands the local intent and tries to turn out the search results tailored to the user’s location.
Local search marketing aims to help local businesses appear in search results for local-based queries, like “restaurants near me,” “jewelry stores in Denver,” etc.
Local SEO involves optimizing your website and Google Business profile for the specific area that you serve to get in front of people in your city who are ready to take action.
How to Rank a Local Business Higher With SEO.
1. Optimize Your Google Business Profile.
- Complete all fields with accurate and up-to-date information, including business hours, categories, and services.
- Add high-quality photos of your office, products, and services.
- Respond to customer reviews – both positive and negative – in a timely and professional manner.
- Use Google Posts to promote special offers, events, and updates.
2. Feature Your Local Business in Local Directories.
- List your business in local directories, such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Ensure that your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) information is consistent across all directories and platforms.
- Use schema markup to structure your NAP information on your website, making it easier for search engines to understand.
3. Get More Customer Reviews.
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on your Google My Business profile and other review platforms.
- Respond to customer reviews in a timely and professional manner, thanking customers for their feedback and addressing any concerns.
- Regularly monitor your reviews to address negative feedback and maintain a positive online reputation.
4. Ensure Your Website Is Mobile Friendly.
- Make sure your website is responsive, meaning it adjusts its layout to fit the screen size of any device.
- Use a mobile-friendly design and layout, with larger font sizes, buttons, and links that are easy to click on a small screen.
- Test your website on different devices to ensure it is easy to navigate and use.
5. Create a Local Page for Every Area You Want Your Local Business to Be Visible.
- Create a separate page for every area you are targeting.
- Make sure the content on each page is unique and relevant to the specific location.
- Use schema markup to indicate the location of each business on the website.
6. Optimize Your Landing Pages for Local Keywords.
- Optimize your pages for local keywords.
- Ensure that your landing pages load quickly and have a clean, uncluttered design.
- Use high-quality images and videos to engage visitors and improve the user experience.
7. Write Content for Your Blog.
- Start building your topical authority with high-quality and unique content for your particular niche.
- Do keyword research and find topics for your blog posts.
- Regularly update your website with fresh content.
8. Structure a Silo to Power Up Your Landing Pages.
- Send the link juice from your blog posts to your landing pages to push them higher in the search results.
- Use clear, descriptive anchor text for internal links, making it easier for both users and search engines to understand the content of each page.
9. Acquire Relevant Links From Authority Websites.
- Reach out to websites that are relevant to your business and have a high level of authority.
- Offer to guest post on these websites, including a link to your website.
- Seek out links from local and industry-specific websites and authoritative websites in your niche.
- Ensure all links are relevant, high-quality, and come from trusted sources.
Local SEO is one of the best marketing strategies for local businesses.
By using effective strategies, you will be able to market your business in your local area and acquire more local customers.